Edgewell Canada Legal Statement
Edgewell Personal Care Canada, ULC (hereinafter “Edgewell Canada”), maintains this site (the “Site”) for your personal entertainment, information, education and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video without Edgewell Canada’s written permission.
Your access to and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and Edgewell Canada regarding this subject matter are superseded and of no force or effect.
Terms and Conditions
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site without the written permission of Edgewell Canada. Edgewell Canada neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Edgewell Canada.
- While Edgewell Canada uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, Edgewell Canada makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Edgewell Canada assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither Edgewell Canada nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Edgewell Canada also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Edgewell Canada and its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, service providers subcontractors and suppliers from and against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising or resulting from your use of the Site and any violation of these Terms and Conditions. If you cause a technical disruption of the Site or the systems transmitting the Site to you or others, you agree to be responsible for any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising out of or resulting from that disruption. Edgewell Canada reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and, in such case, you agree to cooperate with Edgewell Canada in defense of such matter.
- Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Edgewell Canada or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, Edgewell Canada is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
- Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Edgewell Canada. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Edgewell Personal Care Canada, ULC, and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the Trademark owner. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Edgewell Personal Care Canada, ULC, will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- Edgewell Canada has not reviewed all the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any other sites linked to the Site. We sometimes provide access to other World Wide Web sites from the Site. But we don’t endorse or approve any products or information offered at sites you reach through our Site. Check the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address provided in your WWW browser to see if you are still in an Edgewell Canada-operated site or have moved to another site.
- Although Edgewell Canada may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on the Site, Edgewell Canada is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations, nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. Edgewell Canada will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Edgewell Canada to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- Software from this Site may be further subject to United States export laws, rules and regulations, as amended from time to time. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Sudan or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) anyone on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals, or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
- Edgewell Canada may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
- The laws of the State of Missouri govern these Terms and Conditions and your use of the Site, without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the courts located in the State of Missouri for any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of this agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the agreement will remain in place.
- Submissions by Third Parties:The Edgewell Canada website (“Website”) you are currently visiting may presently or hereafter permit visitors (“Users”) of this Website to submit and/or upload a variety of content, including but not limited to: written statements, images, photos, audio content and videos (collectively referred to as “User Generated Content”). By becoming a User, you understand, agree, and consent to Edgewell Canada, its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns (collectively, “Edgewell Canada”) worldwide and perpetual use of such User Generated Content, which could include republishing such content in a variety of print and digital mediums. At Edgewell Canada’s discretion, the User’s name may accompany such use of User Generated Content.
By submitting User Generated Content, you further understand and agree that you are responsible for the consequences of posting or publishing such User Generated Content. You further affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases and permissions to use and authorize Edgewell Canada to use all intellectual property, including but not limited to: patent, trademark, service mark, trade dress, trade secret, copyright, name, image, likeness or other proprietary rights (“IP”) in and to any and all User Generated Content to permit use of such User Generated Content in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms and Conditions.
Edgewell Canada does not permit infringement of IP rights on its websites; Edgewell Canada will block and remove all User Generated Content if properly notified that such User Generated Content infringes on another’s IP or other right(s).
- Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1999, 17 U.S.C. § 512 (“DCMA”), provides owners and operators of sites a limitation of liability for User Generated Content that infringes the copyright(s) of a third party. Pursuant to the DCMA, Edgewell Canada has designated an agent to receive notices of claims of copyright infringement, and has enacted a Take-Down Procedure. If you believe in good-faith that your valid copyright has been used in an infringing manner, please submit the following:
(1) a signature, electronic or physical, of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(3) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the website;
(4) your appropriate contact information, including: address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
(5) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Legal Department – Copyright Agent
6 Research Drive
Shelton, CT 06484
Phone: +1 (203) 944-5994
Should you choose to call, please also make a written request by mail or email, as noted above. Upon receipt of written requests that provide all the required information as noted above in (1) – (6), Edgewell Canada shall seasonably:
(1) remove, take-down, disable or destroy (“Removed”) the allegedly infringing material, and access thereto by Users;
(2) submit written notification of the alleged infringement to the alleged infringer and indicate that the allegedly infringing content has been seasonably Removed;
(3) submit written notification to the United States Copyright Office of such alleged infringement and that the allegedly infringing content has been seasonably Removed; and
(4) submit written notification to the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work that has allegedly been infringed that the allegedly infringing content has been seasonably Removed.
Edgewell Canada encourages you to seek legal counsel prior to contacting Edgewell Canada’s Agent, as there may be penalties for false claims.
For any other claim aside from alleged copyright infringement, please see the Contact Information section contained herein.
Edgewell Canada reserves the right to, in Edgewell Canada’s sole discretion, without prior notice, to terminate the account or access of any user who may submit content that allegedly violates any IP or other right(s), laws or regulations.